DPx Gear is making their first American made hard use folder with a blade length under 3″ for urban use. The DPx HEST/F Urban is designed, sourced, built and backed in the United States of America.
A 30-day Kickstarter campaign for the knife launched Monday, November 16th with backer rewards that include three different configurations of the knife that are limited edition, numbered runs of 100 units. The knife rewards range in price from $275 – $375 and can be seen on the campaign page at bit.ly/dpxkickstarter.
“I’ve always wanted to make a knife that was uniquely and totally American. And also one that lasted a very long time; what I would call an heirloom-quality knife. One that can be handed down from generation to generation,” says Robert Young Pelton, DPx Gear Founder, of the DPx HEST/F Urban.
The DPx HEST/F Urban will weigh in at just 3.35 ounces, measure 3.8 inches long when closed, and 6.7 inches long when open.
The DPx HEST/F Urban will feature:
- American 6Al4v Titanium Frame. A frame made of aerospace quality, American 6Al4v titanium alloy in “Battleship Grey” heavy bead blast finish (the “Sterile Edition”). Upgraded options include bronze anodized titanium (the “Bronze Edition”) or a three-dimensional Mr. DP pattern milled into the frame (“The Mr. DP Edition”).
- S30V Stainless Steel Blade.A U.S. made and formulated blade steel with a stonewashed finish. We chose a hollow ground blade that’s “shaver sharp” with maximum slicing tooth.
- Bearing Pivot. Stainless steel caged bearing pivot hardware for rapid deployment and effortless opening and closing.
- DPx Gear Patented Blade Notch. Designed to allow the knife to open faster than an automatic and to the rear of the holder, keeping it safe from the assailant. Naturally it was also designed to open beer bottles and function as a
- Integral ¼” Hex Drive. DPx believes if you are going to carry around a quality knife it better earn its keep. Pairing commonly used hex tools with our built in hex drive turns your DPx HEST/F Urban into a multi tool.
- DPx Gear Patented Tri-Gauge Wire Strippers. Jimping that doubles as wire strippers in the exact size of household gauge, auto and even timer wires (for blasting or electronics).
- Frame Lock. The US-invented frame lock for bulletproof lockup. First used in Chris Reeves’ famous Sebenza® knives it has become the standard locking feature for high-end custom knives. We added a stainless steel cap to reduce wear on the lock face.
- Glass Breaker. Our DPx HEST/F Urban has a hardened stainless steel glass breaker. A potentially life saving tool in the event of an auto accident or fire.
- Deep Carry Pocket Clip. The deep carry clip ensures your knife rides as low and as unobtrusively as possible in your pocket.
Founded in 2008 by explorer, author and adventurer, Robert Young Pelton, DPx Gear, Inc. designs, tests and builds hard use equipment for special operations, expeditions and law enforcement. Learn more at https://www.dpxgear.com.