and Thank You!
From all of us at AKTI, a sincere thank you for a great 2014! We wish you the happiest of holidays and an awesome 2015!
We genuinely appreciate how many people come together to make the American Knife & Tool Institute the effective voice of the entire knife community.
- Our many company and individual members for their support and extra contributions
- Our partnering organizations for helping further our mission to Keep Knives in America Lives
- Supportive legislators willing to remove or rewrite restrictive knife laws
- Grassroots supporters for responding to our legislative calls to action
- Our social media followers for helping spread our news
- And our many volunteers who serve at their expense on AKTI boards, committees, gave talks or provided products or services
You made 2014 a great and successful year for AKTI. Thank You!
Highlights from 2014 include:
- Reliable, accurate and current knife laws of all 50 states on the AKTI website
- Our website is now mobile device responsive with individualized member login to member features and benefits
- Interstate transport of knives federal legislation introduced by Wyoming Senator Mike Enzi at AKTI’s request (also known as Knife Owner’s Protection Act)
- Supported state knife law changes in Tennessee, Oklahoma, Florida, New York, South Carolina, Mississippi, Kansas, Indiana, Kentucky and more
- Opposed ban on domestic ivory with coalition partners spearheaded by the Elephant Protection Organization
- “Be Safe. Not Sorry” campaign regarding avoiding counterfeit knives
- Distributed thousands of “Knife-Wise” cards regarding safe and legal knife carry
- Plus opposed restrictive laws, helped individual knife owners with legal issues, member companies with U.S. Customs problems and more…
The AKTI Board of Regent members met four times during 2014, with additional monthly committee meetings for the Education, Legislation, Anti-Counterfeiting, Marketing, Membership and Executive Committees. Members also attended important congressional meetings and events. All members continue to pay their own expenses to attend meetings and other events and are not compensated for time and often donate additional resources. Many hours of volunteer time were spent planning projects to fulfill the organization’s mission to make sure that American can own and carry the knife of their choice.
We look forward to an exciting and productive 2015 with many plans already in motion to rewrite knife laws, educate about the value of knives as tools, and protect your knife privileges.
Join or renew your membership today! Make an extra contribution. Help us continue to be the reasonable and responsible voice for every knife owner and everyone involved in any way in the knife industry.
Imagine Your Knife Without a Knife