AKTI will track all communication, press releases and other information about this case here. Please bookmark this page and visit often to see the latest information about this case.
December 19, 2012 – We have made progress this year on legislation in New York and will share when we can make the information public.
October 15, 2010 – AKTI continues to monitor the situation and is working toward a long-term legislative solution for New York State.
AKTI Press Releases
- July 1, 2010: American Knife & Tool Institute Voices Outrage Over Extortion of Knife Retailers by the Manhattan D.A.’s Office
Other Media Coverage of this Case
- Sample Letter for AKTI members – for use in composing your own letter to the Manhattan DA’s office.
- Manhattan DA’s Office full press release transcript from June 17 (takes you to the Manhattan DA’s website)
- Current New York “Gravity Knife” Statute
- Current New York City Administrative Code Regarding Knives
- AKTI Newsletter of John Irizarry v. United States – New York-based Federal Court Case – Husky NOT a Gravity Knife – Vol. 10, No. 1 – 2008